How to update your Passport Funding for the current fiscal year
This article is for:
- Passport Users who want to update their update their fund settings
If you have Passport Funding and use MyDirectPlan, you are expected to update your Fund Settings at the beginning of each new fiscal year. Your funding will not appear automatically.
** For step-by-step video instructions, please visit our YouTube Channel.
Using the Mobile App? Check out our knowledge base article on this topic specifically for the mobile app.
In order to update your fund settings:
1. Once you've logged on to MyDirectPlan, scroll down and click on 'Account Settings' on the left-hand side of your screen:
2. On the left hand side in account settings, you will see your profile and a list of options. Select 'Fund Settings' as shown:
3. Under 'Fund Settings' select 'April 1, 2021 - March 31, 2022' from the drop-down menu using the down arrow. This should be the default selection.
4. Fill out all required fields and update your mileage rate (if necessary). If you are unsure what your funding allocation or mileage rate is for 2021/2022, please contact your Passport Agency to find out.
5. Click 'Save' and return to your dashboard view. Your dashboard will now display your funding for the current fiscal year.
Once you've entered your 2021/2022 funding amount, you'll still be able to see your unused balance from the 2020/2021 fiscal year. Just select the year you want to view at the top of your dashboard.
Remember: if you submit any expenses by mail, fax, email or in person, you'll have to manually deduct them from your funding balance in MyDirectPlan.
Still need help?
- For questions and concerns on updating your 'Fund Settings', submitting expenses on MyDirectPlan and how to read your dashboard, please fill out a contact form so our support team can assist you
- For questions on advance payment funding and your total budget for the current fiscal year, please refer to the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services' official Passport Program information page and/or contact your Passport Agency.