How to set up your MyDirectPlan account
This article is for:
- SSAH users who want to set up a MyDirectPlan account
Check out our Step-by-Step YouTube Video:
If you have not already set up a free MyDirectPlan account, just follow these simple steps. You'll be done in no time!
1. Open your internet browser and visit www.mydirectplan.com
2. On the main page, click on the blue "Create Your Free Account" button to get started.
3. You will be taken to the registration page. You are required to select the following account type as an SSAH user:
- Person Managing Funds (Fund Administrator): someone such as a family member or caregiver who manages the funding on behalf of a recipient
You will then need to click the green "Next" button found at the bottom of the page.
5. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you entered.
6. Click on the link that was sent to your email. Don't forget to check your junk and/or spam mail if you don't find the email in your inbox. When you click on the link you will be redirected back to the Sign In page.
7. After clicking the link, you will be redirected to your new MyDirectPlan account. Click on the green "Start account set-up" button. Ensure you have your funding approval letter handy.
If you don't have your letter, you will need to contact your Ministry Regional Office.
8. Next you will choose your funding type. Select the following fund type:
- Special Services at Home (SSAH) Funding (for Recipients under 18 years old)
Click the green "Next" button.
9. Fill out the 'Recipient Information' section. Items marked with a red * are required. Next to 'Recipient Type' select 'Child (under 18)'. When all of the information is completed, click the green "Next" button found at the bottom of the page.
10. Fill out the 'Fund Settings' section. All information in this section can be found on your funding approval letter. Items marked with a red * are required. When all of the information is completed, click the green "Save" button found at the bottom of the page.
Congratulations, you have officially set up your MyDirectPlan account! 😊
Still need help?
- If you encounter technical issues while setting up a MyDirectPlan account, please fill out a contact form so our support team can assist you.
- For questions on your total budget for the current fiscal year or your funding approval letter, please refer to the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services' official SSAH Program information page and/or contact your Ministry Regional Office.